Best Build Your Own DIY Handmade Ukulele Building Kits For Sale 2023
What Is A Ukulele?
A ukulele is a guitar-like instrument and is very popular in the Hawaii islands. It is an instrument that falls under the lute family. Any plucked string instrument with a deep round back, neck, and hollow cavity generally with an opening in the body as the soundhole is called a lute instrument. It can either be fretted or unfretted.
The instrument was introduced by the Portugal migrants to Hawaiians in the early 1800s. This instrument is generally made of wood with nylon strings. The instrument of the ukulele comes in four types or sizes. The first is Soprano (standard ukulele), concert, tenor, and baritone. The soprano ukulele is the most common type in the Hawaii islands.
How does a ukulele work?
A ukulele as said is very similar to a small guitar. This instrument has a wooden base, a neck, and strings. The strings are attached to the pegs at the corner of the neck. They have a tuning mechanism for the player to tighten or loosen the tension on the strings before they are played. These adjustments to the tension on the string is done to raise or decrease the pitch of the string.
So, each string is tied or tuned to a specific pitch or sound. The ukulele is strummed with one hand and the other hand is used to fret the strings on the neck fingerboard. By fretting the strings on the fingerboard at various places along the fingerboard, the luthier can shorten or lengthen the part of the string that is convulsing and thus produce higher or lower-pitched music.
Tempted to play a lute instrument? Then why not try our Soprano ukulele kit.
Why should you play the Ukulele?
Here are few thoughts from us for you to consider. No one can repudiate the charm and warm music that is a ukulele sound. It brings happiness and positivity to one’s face. It is undeniable that an instrument had lost its popularity but regained its fame due to the happy and fun tones they produce. Who would not like to be happy and most of us believe only music can heal things? A ukulele is one of the best instruments to choose if you are a luthier or even not. You don’t necessarily have to know about playing guitar for playing the ukulele.
- It is extremely easy to learn. The small size of the instrument makes it possible for anyone to play the instrument with ease. As they don’t create any pain in the wrist while holding. Generally, the strings are made out of nylon and thus they are way easier to handle than the cords that are made of metal or steel.
- It is affordable. The ukulele is much cheaper when compared to the other instruments. They don’t tear your pockets yet you get to learn a beautiful instrument.
- It is sleek and portable. Even the normal size ukulele is small and portable. It can be carried to your desired place. Be it a party hall, friend’s place, beach or be alone. This would be your new friend.
- It is a friendly instrument. A ukulele can be played by anyone irrespective of age whether you are a musician or not. Its joyful and happy tone makes it accessible to anyone and they don’t fail to delight the ones listening. They just sound great and are sure to bring charisma and a smile to your face and the ones around you.
- Adaptable: Any kind of song gets easily adapted to the ukulele because it is a small and simple instrument with just four cords made of nylon. You can play your favorite song in various genres with the ukulele. Even some complex cord songs can be passed down to the ukulele to make them easier because the instrument has just 4 strings.
Where can you get a ukulele?
Ukulele is a fun instrument not only for playing music but also to make one. Yes! You heard us right. We bring our DIY ukulele kits for you to make and then play the musical lute. Here in this article, we have explained how to make a ukulele from scratch. Don’t fail to go through the entire article and schedule a ukulele building plan.
The DIY ukulele kit is extremely easy to make. The kit comes with all the ukulele making supplies. Before understanding the step-by-step uke kits building, let us show you the supplies available in the kit. Ukulele building supplies include basswood box, basswood neck, plastic fingerboard, plastic bridge pad, plastic nuts and saddles, nylon strings, sound points, tuning pegs, and screws.
What are the other supplies you would need to complete the ukulele kit?
You would need the following to make and fully build your ukulele kits.
- Wood glue.
- Measuring tape.
- Marker pen.
- Brush for painting.
- Cloth for general cleaning.
Check out the video below to find out how to build & customize your own Ukulele using our DIY Ukelele kit.
Here is the step-by-step process for building your ukulele.
- Connect the basswood body and basswood neck of the ukulele with wooden glue.
- Set your fingerboard by measuring and marking the exact place where the fingerboards should be placed on the ukulele neck and paste it with wooden glue.
- Wipe off excess glue.
- Unleash your creativity with your own paintings in ukulele
- Align your bridge pad on the ukulele body and paste it
- Fit sound points and screws
- Connect upper pillow to neck with strong adhesive
- Fit strings, side strings to the head and fasten it
Why should you buy our ukulele kits?
- This DIY ukulele kit is a great product to have your time spent productively where the output will amaze you musically.
- Building ukulele kits are one of the best ways to keep your children engaged positively.
- Ukulele build kits create a bond between parents and children and help in having a fun time with your kids while you are building a ukulele together with love and joy.
- These Ukulele kits are very easy to build and assemble, and they would bring out your and your children’s creativity as they have a plain basswood box, where you can paint your ukulele in your favorite color or theme.
- DIY handmade ukulele kits can be complete without the need for any electrical tools and thus they are to the core kids friendly.
- Building your ukulele from scratch gives great satisfaction as you are completing a musical instrument without needing to have prior knowledge of carpentry.
- By reading the DIY ukulele instructions and with ukulele materials you have umpteen options available, according to your creativity to design your own ukulele and customize your own ukulele at a great deal financially.
- If you have known anyone who loves to play the ukulele or guitar, this would be the best gift that you can present to them.
Don’t you think it is a great idea to try one right away? Get ready for a musical retreat with an instrument that is completely handmade by you.
Just click on the button below and pick your piece of perfect ukulele kit that is waiting for your hands and a few hours of yours.